A scholarship is defined as an award of financial aid for a student to further education. There are various criteria applied to applicants who plan to get those scholarships where it is usually reflecting the values and purposes of the donor or founder of the award.
Scholarships is usually classified as:
- Merit-based: These are scholarships which are based on a student’s academic, artistic, athletic, extracurricular activities, community service record and other abilities. The most common merit-based scholarship recognize academic achievement or high scores on standardized tests.
- Need-based: In the United States, these scholarships are based on the student and family’s financial record and will require applicants to fill out a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to qualify if the scholarship is a federal award.
- Student-specific: These are awards where applicants must initially qualify by gender, race, religion, family, medical history, or specific factors. Minority scholarships are the most common awards in this category.
- Career-specific: These are scholarships awarded by a college/university to students who plan to pursue a specific field of study. Often the most generous awards are given to students pursuing careers in high-need areas such as education or nursing.
- College-specific: College-specific scholarships are offered by individual colleges and universities to highly qualified applicants. These scholarships, given on the basis of academic and personal achievement, usually result in either a full-ride to the college, or for a reduced rate of tuition fees.
This scholarship award certificate template can be used to give you ideas on creating your own certificate, that will be given to qualified applicants where this certificate will represent your company, school or foundation image. And for students, this printed scholarship certificate should increase their values when they are looking for a job after graduated.
Scholarship Award Certificate 1 (21.9 KiB, 3,920 hits)
Scholarship Award Certificate 2 (16.3 KiB, 2,702 hits)