Administrative assistant job is commonly heard for us. This kind of job will be related to the offices field. However, there are still people who feel wondered about the details of this job. For your information, there will be advanced work they have. They will work in industries varieties. It is because there is certain interaction level with others that will be required. It will be very helpful if they have the skills of interpersonal communication.
This kind of job is also known as secretaries that provide supports for personnel of office. They will have various responsibilities. It depends on the office size and how many other assistants the office has. They may manage the schedule of meetings, arrange the accommodations of travel, and organize all files. They are also required to be well versed with the equipment in office like scanners, fax machines, photocopiers, and videoconferencing systems. Well, take a look below. Here are the duties and job descriptions of administrative assistant:
- Studies methods, develops the reporting procedures, implements the reductions of cost to maintain the workflow.
- Analyzes the practices of operation, records and keeps the system, office layout, and forms control, and also budgetary, and implements the changes to create and revise the system and procedures of the office.
- Provides the information, the opportunities of education, and the opportunities of experiential growth to develop the administrative staffs.
- Coordinates the reports preparation, analyzes data, and identifies the solutions to resolve the problems of administrative systems.
- Completes the requirements of preventative maintenance, calls the repairs, maintains the inventories of all equipment, and evaluates the new techniques and equipment to ensure the equipment operation.
- Answers the requests and questions to provide information.
- Checks the stocks for determining the inventory levels, anticipates the required supplies, places and expedites the supplies order, and verifies the supplies receipt to maintain the supplies inventory.
- Makes the schedule and assigns the project of administrative aspects, expedites the results of work to complete the operational requirements.
- Attends the educational workshops, reviews the professional publications, establishes the networks of their personality, and participates the professional societies to maintain the technical and professional knowledge.
- Accomplishes the related results that are required to contribute the effort of team works.
Those are several samples of job descriptions and duties of administrative assistant. There are still plenty of job description item in Microsoft Word job description template below. And you can add your own if you don’t find one of yours as well as erasing job description which is not related to your current job.
Job Description - Administrative Assistant (30.0 KiB, 353 hits)